Dr Ng Jen Min, Ben
English, Bahasa Melayu, Hokkien Dialect
MBBChBaO, MRCP (Edin), CCT – Diabetes and Endocrinology (GMC), CCT – General Internal Medicne (GMC), MD (Hons) (HYMS), FAM (Singapore)
Dr Ng graduated from the Queens University of Belfast Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (UK). He completed his postgraduate training with the certificate of completion of training (CCT) from the Royal College of Physicians (UK) with dual accreditation in diabetes and endocrinology and in general internal medicine. In 2010, he was awarded an MD with honours by the University of Hull, UK, in recognition for his research in diabetes mellitus.
He worked for 16 years in the National Health Service in the UK and since 2011 in Singapore. Dr Ng is an accredited specialist in both countries. Upon his return to Singapore, he worked as a full time consultant endocrinologist in Changi General Hospital for three years. During this time, he was appointed as Assistant Adjunct Professor in research at Duke-NUS and also acted as a clinical tutor under the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Singapore.
His medical expertise encompasses a wide range of endocrinological problems including diabetes mellitus, obesity and thyroid disorders as well as androgen, reproductive, adrenal and pituitary disease. Dr Ng has a special interest in patients with diabetes mellitus and thyroid disease.
In the area of diabetes, his particular interest lie in the early stages of glucose intolerance, patients with Type 1 diabetes and those who require intensive insulin therapy. He is skilled in the initiation and treatment of patients requiring insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring systems. Dr Ng is trained in the usage of the thyroid ultrasound and in fine needle biopsy of the thyroid gland. He has an interest in autoimmune thyroid disease and pregnant patients with thyroid disease.
Dr Ng is a regular speaker at international meetings all over the world including Sri Lanka, Vietnam, China, Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia. Dr Ng is active in research and in the last 5 years alone has had his research work published in more than 20 international peer reviewed journals. He has been awarded several research grants from UK, Ministry of Health Singapore and SingHealth.
Dr Ng speaks English, Bahasa Melayu and Hokkien.
- MRCP (Edin)
- CCT – Diabetes and Endocrinology (GMC)
- CCT – General Internal Medicne (GMC)
- MD (Hons) (HYMS)
- FAM (Singapore
Professional Appointments & Society Membership
- Vice President Diabetic Society Singapore
- Director of Arden Endocrinology Specialist Clinic Mount Elizabeth Novena
- Visiting Consultant Changi General Hospital
- Chairperson Eastern Community Health Outreach Program
- President Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes IDF-WPR AASD 2014 APC
- Committee Member Scientific Committee International Diabetes Federation 2014 Congress
- Assistant Adjunct Professor DUKE NUS
- Assistant Adjunct Professor Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine NUS
- Member American Diabetes Association
- Member Diabetes UK
- Member of the Association British Clinical Diabetologists
- Member Young Diabetes Forum UK